Experiencing hardship is scary. We’re here to help.Do any of the below circumstances apply to you?
I need emergency shelter.
I need connection to benefits.
I need basic services (laundry, food, transportation, etc.).
I need help with housing.
If you are experiencing any of the above situations, please follow these steps.
- Call 2-1-1. Trained call specialists are available 24/7 and will facilitate a telephone assessment before directing you to the appropriate resources (shelter, housing assistance, etc.).
- Next, go to one of three locations to complete a Coordinated Entry, our community’s entry process to available housing/shelter resources for individuals and families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
Coordinated Entry occurs at the following locations/times:
*Coordinated Entry does not occur on weekends
*No Coordinated Entry Assessments occur on Wednesdays 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
DAY SERVICES CENTER
As one of our community’s hubs for basic needs and connections to resources, our Day Services Center is open to anyone, specifically those who are experiencing homelessness, as well as those who are unstably housed.
Hours of Operation:*
- Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. • 1:30 – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday – Holidays 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
* Limited services on holidays and weekends.
- Daily lunch (11:15am – 12:15pm)
- Basic services: showers, laundry, restrooms, device charging, phone, fax, and mail
- On-site nurse, prescription assistance, over-the-counter medications
- Help with obtaining ID, bus passes (for verified work/medical appointment), and more
- Connections to community resources
- First step to emergency shelter and housing
* Service availability may vary depending on the time and demand.